Sixth Global Trade and Investment Forum - Binghamton
Thursday, November 14, 2019
08:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
In Focus: Shifting Policies and New Trends in International Trade
Global trade is in a state of transformation, driven by rising economic nationalism and disruptive technological innovations. Participants will gain valuable knowledge about shifting government policies and will explore new opportunities for growth in the changing global landscape.
A CIBA EVENT
Director of the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, Office of Bilateral Trade Affairs, U.S. Department of State. The Trump Administration’s Trade Policy: Goals, Priorities and Outcomes.
Head of Trade and Agriculture Section at the Delegation of the European Union to the United States. Trade Relations Between the United States and the European Union. What Brexit Means for Trade.
PANEL 1 U.S. Manufacturers and International Trade: Innovative Strategies for Growth in the Changing Global Landscape
PANEL 2 Export Insights for Agricultural and Food Producers
8:30 – 9:00 Registration, Light Breakfast, Networking
9:00 – 9:15 Welcome and Acknowledgment of Our Sponsors
9:15 – 10:50 SHIFTING POLICIES AND NEW PATTERNS IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE
- KEYNOTE: Robert Manogue – Director of the Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, Office of Bilateral Trade Affairs, US. Department of State. The Trump Administration’s Trade Policy: Goals, Priorities and Outcomes.
- KEYNOTE: Tomas Baert – Head of Trade and Agriculture Section at the Delegation of the European Union to the United States. Trade Relations between the United States and the European Union. What Brexit Means for Trade.
- DISCUSSION with Moderator Peter Katzenstein, The Walter S. Carpenter, Jr. Professor of International Studies, Department of Government and The Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies, Cornell University
10:50 – 11:05 Networking Break
11:05 – 12:30 U.S. MANUFACTURERS AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE: INNOVATIVE STRATEGIES FOR GROWTH IN THE CHANGING GLOBAL LANDSCAPE
- James Held, Research Director, Division of Economic Analysis and Research, Empire State Development. Recent Trends in New York State’s International Exports.Ilidio Alves, Director of International Sales at Raymond Corporation
- Mary O’Malley-Trumble, Senior Location Executive for IBM Endicott
- Robert Stein, Vice President of Mohawk Global Trade Advisors
- Teresa Stockton, Outreach Specialist at the Trade Adjustment Assistance Center serving NY, NJ and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
- Allan Suchinsky, President of ITD Associates. Recent Developments in Defense Trade and Dual-Use Exporting.
DISCUSSION with Moderator Peter Koveos, The Kiebach Chair in International Business and Professor & Chair, Finance Department at the Whitman School of Management, Syracuse University
12:30 – 1:15 Networking Lunch
1:15 – 2:30 EXPORT INSIGHTS FOR AGRICULTURAL AND FOOD PRODUCERS
- Kevin King, Deputy Commissioner at New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
- Jim Manning, Senior Program Manager at the Center for Agricultural Development and Entrepreneurship (CADE)
- Kevin Ellis, Chief Executive Officer at Cayuga Milk Ingredients and Cayuga Marketing
- Sam Filler, Executive Director of the New York Wine & Grape Foundation
DISCUSSION with Moderator Andrew Novakovic, The E.V. Baker Professor of Agricultural Economics, Cornell Dyson School of Applied Economics and Management, and committee member of the International Dairy Federation
2:30 – 3:00 CLOSING REMARKS
Registration is $25, which includes lunch and refreshments.
Student registration is free – please send an email to email@example.com to request admission code.
Register at http://tinyurl.com/CIBAforum2019
Professor Elena A. Iankova firstname.lastname@example.org (607) 777-5069
To register, or for more info, click
Binghamton University Innovative Technologies Complex, Engineering & Science Building, room 2008
85 Murray Hill Road,
Vestal, NY 13850
Get Directions »
View All Events »