Monday, June 1, 2020 - Saturday, June 6, 2020
Global NY is recruiting NYS small businesses to participate in a June trade mission South Africa 2020. Join this Trade Mission to gain access to this key global market.
A country of 58 million people, South Africa enjoys relative macroeconomic stability, established legal system and a largely pro-business environment. South Africa is a logical and attractive option for U.S. companies seeking to enter the Sub-Saharan Africa marketplace.
• South Africa is the most advanced, diversified and productive economy in Africa.
• In 2018, the gross domestic product (GDP) grew by 0.8% to an estimated $808 billion.
• With over 200 million of its people approaching middleclass status, the African continent is seen as the next great growth story after China and India.
• The McKinsey Global Institute has identified Africa as the world’s second-fastest growing region, creating substantial new business opportunities for global companies.
• Top imports include machinery; electrical equipment; optical, technical and medical equipment and supplies, infrastructure supports and mining industry equipment.
The trade mission participation fee is $500, and the deadline to apply for the South Africa trade mission is January 30, 2020.
For eligible companies, Global NY’s STEP grant can reimburse a significant portion of your exhibit, travel and accommodation expenses. You also will be eligible to apply for Global NY’s customized Export Marketing Assistance Service (EMAS) in South Africa. Global NY offers one-stop shopping to both local businesses that want to export globally – and to foreign businesses looking to invest in New York. One way GlobalNY is helping small businesses export their products and services is by connecting them to the State Trade Expansion Program (STEP). STEP funding is offered by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) through Empire State Development (ESD) and supports a variety of export activities.
Is Your Business Eligible?
To be eligible for a STEP grant, you must meet SBA’s business criteria. To find out more, contact Global NY directly to discuss the criteria and any questions you may have.
To find out more about the STEP Program:
Or contact the CNYIBA at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tel (315) 470-1800. - for information and assistance in your preparations for the Trade Mission.